* Cullman Regional Medical Center has named James Clements as interim Chief Executive Officer. This was announced by the Health Care Authority of Cullman County. The position became vacated in April when a contract between the hospital board and Jim Weidner couldn't be reached. Cheryl Bailey handled duties of CEO until the announcement to bring Clements on to the CRMC staff.
* Construction work by CSX Transportation will have Arnold Street closed today and Friday. Officials with CSX hope to have repairs completed by the end of Friday. Residents who travel around Arnold Street will have to use alternate routes until the project is complete.
* Many people continue to mourn the loss of actor Robin Williams. Williams reportedly took his life at his home Monday in California. He was suffering from depression and substance addiction. Residents in the area that have depression and substance addiction issues are encouraged to get help immediately. A good reliable source to combat this issue locally is Mental Healthcare of Cullman, located at 1909 Commerce Ave NW.
* Everything went well for the first day of school in the county and in the city. The county schools began the new year with a new superintendent. Dr. Craig Ross is now in charge of the Cullman County School System and has been in the office for six weeks.
Wednesday began the second year for Dr. Doreen Griffeth running Cullman City Schools. Dr. Griffeth has six schools in the city limits to supervise.
* West Point Warriors have new challenges awaiting them in 2014. The Warriors are still in Class 5A, but have different opposition in Region 8. The Warriors have 18 starters returning and are a senior laden ball club that is wanting to carry the momentum from the end of last year into this season under coach Don Farley.
* While football is in the spotlight, basketball is looking to gain some attention. The SEC/Big XII Challenge was released Wednesday. The Auburn Tigers will play at Texas Tech on Dec. 3 at 8 p.m. This will be the leadoff for four consecutive days of the SEC facing the Big XII at numerous sites between the two conferences. The Auburn game will be carried live on WKUL-FM.
THE BRAVES AND DODGERS CLOSE OUT THEIR 4-GAME SERIES WITH A LATE MORNING AFFAIR. TUNE IN AT 11:00 FOR THE FIRST PITCH. YOUR HOME FOR THE BRAVES IS YOUR CULLMAN COUNTY/NORTH ALABAMA SPORTS LEADER.