* Investigation continues by Alabama State Troopers from an accident on August 3 that claimed the life of a Vinemont man. Seventy-two year old Ervin Lane died on Highway 157 in West Point near the County Road 1242 intersection. His tractor trailer rig was struck by pickup that is either a Chevy or GMC between the years of 1999 to 2006.
* State Troopers report the vehicle suffered damage to the rear. The vehicle has been reported to be seen in the Addison area. If you have information about this vehicle or the driver of it, contact the Alabama State Troopers post in Decatur at 256-353-0631.
* The accident took down a power pole in the Southbound lane of Highway 157. The traffic lights were out of service for a week. The Alabama Department of Transportation had it completed by Tuesday with no traffic issues on Highway 157 and County Road 1242 when school began at West Point Wednesday.
* A pleasant Thursday morning greeted the area. Residents woke up to a morning low of 55 degrees. A cold front passed throughlow humidity for a couple of days. The forecast calls for pleasant weather heading into the weekend.
* Culman Police is continuing to investigate a leaving the scene of an accident. It was reported Wednesday at Olive Street SW with damage reported to a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder.
* Addison Bulldogs enter the third season under David Smothers. This team has gone 16-5 last two seasons and come into 2014 ranked No. 7 in the 2A preseason poll. The Bulldogs will play at Pickens County next Friday in the season opener.
* The annual Midnight Run will be tonight. It will begin at the Cullman Civic Center. Registration will be at 10 p.m. The event is sponsored by Eva Bank with proceeds to go to the Cullman Parks and Recreation Department.
* Youth football jamboree will be this weekend at St. Bernard Prep School. The Good Hope Raiders and Cullman Bearcats will play tonight at 5:30. Other games will be Saturday in fireplugs, wee wees and pee wees, beginning at 8 a.m. The St. Bernard field will be the home this year for the Cullman Cyclones.
THE BRAVES DEAL WITH ANOTHER WEST COAST TEAM COMING TO TURNER FIELD. THE OAKLAND ATHLETICS VISIT WITH GAME ONE TONIGHT AT 6:30. YOUR HOME FOR THE BRAVES IS 92.1 FM, WKUL.